FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EDI -LHR BA1459 cancelled
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2019, 7:33 am
ScottEdin

EDI -LHR BA1459 cancelled

Hi all,

I was booked on the BA1459 from Edinburgh to Heathrow this afternoon and it was cancelled. I got an email from BA saying they had rebooked me onto the first flight to Heathrow from Glasgow tomorrow morning.

As this wasn’t ideal, I called up to try and get on one of the other flights to London this afternoon as my time was fairly flexible and I was happy enough to jump on a train from City or Gatwick if Heathrow flights were all full. Speaking to the agent on the gold line, she said that all the flights were full in economy today so I’d have to accept the Glasgow one.

I looked at the website for Edinburgh flights and there were 5 flights showing sold out in economy but seats available in club Europe. I questioned this and she said yes they still for sale and if I’d want one of them, I’d have to pay the fare difference and change fee which would be £538!!! I then asked if they could put me on the Flybe flight from Edi - Lhr but again she said they couldn’t do that which seemed unhelpful.

In the end, I bought the Flybe flight for this afternoon as I have to be in London first thing tomorrow.

What I’m curios to know is

1. Can anyone shed light on why it was cancelled who has access to this info?
2. If club seats were available, I’d assume they’d upgrade some other passengers to free up some seats rather than selling them
3. I thought they had a responsibility to reroute you to get you to your destination.
4. Am I entitled to EC261 dependent on the reason of cancellation as I rebooked myself and land about an hour earlier than my original scheduled time.

Thanks in advance.