FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Future Africa Trip Advice
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2019, 7:25 am
vbnet

Packing list

We have been to SA 2x. Late Jun/Jul and late Ju/Aug. I tracked the weather a year before we went on both trips. Low to mid 50s seemed to he the lowest we experienced and every one of those days hit at least 73 - 85. Layering cuts down on packing. I'm an underarmour junkie so here's my list: 3 ss shirts, 2 1/4 zip ls shirts. 1 hooded shirt. 1 lightweight running jacket with hood. 1 hooded lined windbreaker. 1 pair of shorts , 2 prs Jean's. My dh uses a hat to protect his head from the sun. You need sunblock even in their winter. Maybe add one thick sweater for evenings in camp as a luxury.

One year I took the small gloves with finger tips cut off but it was too much hassle with the cameras. You might like a scarf to protect your face if you are someone who gets cold easily. The lodges usually provide hot water bottles and blankets and insect repellent. Ask about this before you go. Also ladies, I can forego all the styling stuff for my hair and pony tail it up but I do like my own shampoo.

Packing less clothing and using the laundry service makes it simple. Everyone is there for the animals and aren't looking at what you are wearing. My medium size suitcase is usually 1/2 empty in case I want souvenirs.