Old Sep 15, 19, 6:33 am
escape4

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; Marriott AMB; Hyatt Glob; Accor Dia; GHA Black; SLH Ind
Originally Posted by gru_muc View Post
My experience is that Swiss answers EC 261 requests very quickly and politely but refusing the statutory compensation (or only offering a partial amount by way of a voucher) as a matter of principle. They argue with extraordinary circumstances which, however they refuse to specify and say they will provide details only in court. So I end up suing them via Fairplane or the like.

In my view they must have taken a decision at the management level that it comes out cheaper for them to undergo a handful of lawsuits rather than paying on first demand.

This procedure is regardless of status and class. Just experienced this when traveling as SEN in F.
Interesting. Thanks for the feedback, I will investigate Fairplane which I have never heard of before.

In my situation not only they said they would pay but they have not done so, but in addition that is not the only issue. They did not even bother rebooking me on another flight (or even informing me) when the flight was cancelled a few days before the flight. This is unacceptable handling of irrops and they made no acknowledgment or apology for it.