FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Hong Kong Ocean Park [Master Thread]
Old Sep 15, 2019, 1:59 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jpdx
Agree with helvetic, I don't think the location of Marriott Ocean Park would be an issue for the typical visitor. Including the walk from your room to the MTR station, you'll be at Admiralty in 10 minutes, then 3-4 minutes to connect to Island Line or Tsuen Wan line. I had to be at an office near HKU station, and it's a 20 minute affair at most. (Same story from Hyatt or Sheraton TST, it's really not a big deal to get around HK via MTR, even if you are on the south side or across the harbor in TST. I often see these discussions in hotel threads, where people claim that the Grand Hyatt or JW or whatever is the only place that's well located, and I always lol). Lots of things at this hotel that are not so amazing, but the location isn't an issue IMO (apart from the fact that there are no restaurants/stores in walking distance).
Key word - for the typical visitor and we are not the type.

The environ of the CY ST within easy walking, is far more pleasant than Ocean Park, plus the numerous local eateries nearby, those are the elements we are in favor of CY over Ocean Park, not to mention the cost of stay. Seriously we have no need to go to HKG but since we are doing a RTW and would be in the Pacific side, then why not add HKG in the itinerary? Hence the cost consideration is part of the equation.