FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Silver with about 24k rollover or Gold for 2020
Old Sep 14, 2019, 10:27 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by flamingocrazyfl
I had forgotten about SDC, didn't notice Silver did not get that. That is something I've used as a plat quite a bit.
Just to spell it out, Silvers can SDC too, just it costs $75 if successful whereas the $75 is wavied for GM and higher.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It sounds like the OP's MQMs and MQDs pretty much track DL's implicit ratio, so if OP has 24,000 MQM rollover, he/she won't get to GM much before approaching 75,000 MQMs (the rollover plus about 50,000 MQMs' worth of MQDs) and similarly for qualifying for PM next year. To me, the rollover looks like it won't do the OP much good, so I'd go for GM now in order to avoid months of just FO status next year.
If the SDC is useful I'd agree, otherwise it sounds like OP won't get much value from the other GM benefits, and expects to have more travel next year anyway in which case they'd probably hit FO/GM relatively quickly anyway (especially with 24k rolled over). So it's more of a toss-up than it might otherwise be.

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
[Reclaim my Status]

Remember that MQMs only roll over above your *achieved* level - so if you meet the challenge & get Plat, you will still need to actually earn 75k MQMs before you can roll any over into 2021.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...my-status.html
IMO it's not entirely clear as I posted in the Reclaim thread:

Originally Posted by Zorak
The Delta page has this to say:

Will I receive Rollover MQMs if I meet the thresholds?

If you successfully complete Reclaim My Status, you are eligible for Rollover MQMs based on your earned Medallion Status (but only for the MQMs earned above the published annual Medallion Status qualification threshold).

They go on to give a specific example, but it only covers reclaiming Silver. However in other gifted/complimentary status situations it seems like you can rollover any MQMs in excess of whatever highest level you achieve the "normal" way even if that is lower than the complimentary status, so presumably the same thing would occur here.
"Presumably" may have been overconfident/unwarranted but the situations are superficially similar... of course there's no particular reason they need to be consistent or logical :-/