FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Window Shade Closer
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2019, 4:26 pm
krispy84

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by enviroian
I was in 1A lat night CLT-DFW on a 321. I chose a window seat because I love to look out the window. Anyway, I went to the bathroom and 3 minutes later when I return I see my window shade shut. Apparently my seatmate didn't like the glare on his ipad. I fired that shade right up and looked at him and said "really?". He shrugged and uncomfortably returned watching his movie. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Also upon boarding he pushed past me saying "excuse me, excuse me". I didn't bother to tell him we are all in the same line but just smiled when I sat next to him.
You’re blowing this out of proportion IMO. You went to the toilet, a couple of minutes later you returned, regained control of the window shade and could presumably do what you wished with the shade for the rest of the flight. What your seat-mate chose to do for the couple of minutes you were away had negligible impact on you.

Your reaction on return from the toilet: turning to him and saying “really?” was unnecessary. Perhaps you were still nursing some feelings from his behaviour on boarding?