FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Polaris Pajama Shenanigans
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:05 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by porciuscato
United hater here. But I have to say, this is not the way I would have handled it --- particularly if I already had 4 sets of pajamas. I'm with UA on this one.
To be fair, I've never kept the UA pajamas. (Why would I?)

It sounds like there's plenty of blame to go around here. OP's wife got awfully litigious about a phrase on a menu -- if you've spent that much on UA, you should know that they're not exactly known for their attention to detail in their in-cabin service, particularly on the menus. The purser certainly overreacted as well, though; telling a passenger to fly the competition should really be reserved for serious offenses, and I don't think kvetching about pajamas qualifies as serious.

OP: To answer your actual question: there's nothing you can do to convince UA to correct the crew's attitude, beyond reporting it and moving on. I mean, are you planning to picket the airport? Start an internet petition (hint: they do nothing)? You can move your business to El Al, but the chance that UA (a) notices and (b) attributes it to bad crew behavior is approximately zero.