View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 19, 6:42 am
lorcancoyle

Programs: BA GGL (98% to Lifetime Gold), SPG convert from IHG (and Marriott fan now!)
Originally Posted by sambessey View Post
Hi

I need to fly from London to Melbourne to visit the in-laws over New Year - currently there are some pretty interesting fares coming in at the 1650 mark for WTP/ PE with BA and CX. (BA A380 & CX A350-900)

My better half is adament I am mad to be spending this when a flight in Economy can be had for 815 with EK, but I think it represents good value when you consider the 21,000 Avios + TP (Unfortunately I've dropped back to Blue @ EC so no lounge) one would earn as part of this. Valuing the Avios at 1p each (EK miles are almost worthless to me) makes the price difference 600 or 150 per sector or roughly 13 per hour of flying time...

Assuming the price difference, whilst significant to one's finances, is not going to be detrimental, would you take the WTP option?

Thanks
At that price you might want to check CX prices from Scandinavia (on their website) - Id struggle to opt for WTP for ~40 hours if J was available for ~500 more

(and silver status in one go)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31513559-post577.html