FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Polaris Pajama Shenanigans
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2019, 12:01 am
NYTA

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Polaris Pajama Shenanigans

My wife flies paid business class TLV-EWR and back once a month on UA for work - she's free to choose whatever airline she wants. While the "Polaris Pajama" thread on this forum says that EWR-TLV doesn't officially give pajamas, she has gotten them on every flight. On her most recent flight home from EWR to TLV, she asked a crew member while they were on the ground for a pair of pajamas. She was told that because the flight is less than 12 hours, she wouldn't get any. She explained that not only did they give them out on every flight she has been on this year, but that on the menus they handed out, it said specifically that they would be giving out Pajamas (both in English and Hebrew so they can't say it wasn't meant for this route). Crew member didn't care. Wife asks to speak to the purser - gets the same message. Then asks for someone more senior than that - gets referred to "Jim" who is introduced as the "Global Services Rep" (A ground rep?) who grudgingly hands her a pair of large/Extra-large saying that's all they had (she's a small/medium). She explained to Jim that if they print on the menus on the plane that they are giving pajamas then they should actually live up to it and give everyone pajamas who asks rather than making it seem like they are doing the passengers a favor.

Jim's response..."You're welcome to fly El Al next time instead" (!)

Shortly after Jim left, the crew went and handed out pajamas to all of the business class passengers, including exchanging my wife's extra large for a medium.

All I can say is, WTH?

As of today's date she's spent over $32,000 with UA so far this year and if you include me and our kids for personal/work travel we have collectively spent over $40k on UA. I'm kind of thinking we should take Jim up on his offer if this is the way UA wants to treat their customers. Any thoughts on how to make sure UA corrects their crew/staff attitudes? I don't care about getting thrown some points for "compensation" or whatever - I just want the staff to learn how to behave properly!