FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIN - Crown Plaza vs. Airside "hotel" ?
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:37 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME the SIN airport transit hotels are fine. They're quiet, very clean and modern, although the en suite bathroom reminds me more of a hospital than a spa (lots of simple white tile) and only has a shower (plus toilet and sink with mirror, and lots of space, but no bathtub in the regular rooms) and you won't find a sofa or comfortable overstuffed armchairs in the rooms. However, you will get a reasonably comfortable bed, adequate towels, basic hotel toiletries (soap, shampoo, shower cap, IIRC wrapped disposable plastic glasses, bottled water, and a kettle with tea bags and instant coffee). Lighting and internet are good, and there's a desk with a flatscreen TV on the wall (CNN/BBC/channel news Asia in English IIRC). The more attractive (ask, but it seems to be luck of the draw as it's the same room category) rooms have a window. I spent one night in what must have been the T3 transit hotel with a SQ A380 parked right outside my window, which was fun and I think I've also stayed in T1. Be sure to check which of T1/2/3 your flights use and perhaps more importantly the renovation status of the transit hotels (avoid rooms with shared facilities down the hall). It's nice to stay in the airport and have time to enjoy the butterfly garden, restaurants, etc. when you're not sleeping, or even the big heated indoor pool if their opening hours are convenient for you. Also, the price is right for the transit hotel.

The CP is landside and doesn't seem to be walkable from the terminals even through it's right at the airport. It's expensive at about three or four times the price of the transit hotel for a reasonable overnight stay.....and SIN really doesn't have other airport hotels that are close/convenient/reasonable.