FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:51 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by MostlyUA
Benefit of Ambassador status: zilch. nothing.
I confess, I'm still not sure what the Ambassadors are supposed to be doing. That being said, every time I have contacted my Omaha based Ambassador in 2019, I have received a response within 24 hours -- could be adding a name to a reservation, my only 2019 stay with a points issue, and a lost and found problem.

But, I have a 100+ actual nights so far in 2019 which range from Townplace/Fairfield/RI to St.R./RC/Luxury Collection, as well as plenty of Marriott/Renn properties. I'm at least 75 percent on suite upgrades, which I attribute as a benefit of the ambassador program, although I believe it is driven at property level. Similarly, when I'm traveling internationally, I can usually expect a bottle of wine, a fruit and cheese platter, or a tray of macaroons. That's definitely an improvement. Frankly, I used to get more handwritten notes/calls from GM's under the legacy Plat Premier unpublished level but I still get some now.