FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WestJet suspends four Regina hot holiday routes
Old Sep 13, 2019, 12:25 pm
shook

Programs: aeroplan, airmiles, delta, united, continental, AA, Northwest/KLM
Question 737 MAX come Feb 2020 departures

Caught a story last night on Global News with regards to 737 Max flights for the upcoming winter season re Westjet Schedule Changes Affecting SK Travellers.

While I don't fly out of SK, I am looking at a flight out of YOW direct to MBJ in Feb via Westjet (the only direct flight out of YOW to MBJ). I am about to book my tickets, and notice they have 737 MAX as the equipment. Based on the story from last night, sounds like Westjet has the option to re-direct the flight so that it may not be direct ie YOW to YUL or YYZ - or worse 2 connections etc. In Feb any bad weather in any stop just compounds travel delays etc.

Anyone hazard a guess as to whether they would do this (multi-stop) come Feb or do you think they'd keep the direct flight but with a different plane? I considered just driving to YUL and booking direct from there, but the only thing they have going direct is Air Transat and they list a 737 MAX as well as the equipment for the flight so am not gaining anything with the drive, stopover hotel etc.