FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Airlines Kicks Elderly Professor Couple Off Late-Night Flight
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:46 am
COSPILOT

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by jsloan
Sensitive to being physically accosted, you mean? The passenger admits to touching the FA.

This story is presumably as sympathetic as possible to the passengers, given that it's their side of the story, but it comes off as excessively petulant and whiny. It looks like nothing but a shakedown.
Tapping someone on the shoulder or elbow isn't accosted,assuming the story is correct. If so I have about a thousand claims per year toward others, and a few hundred will have claims toward me. Pinning down a person or grabbing and holding someone without letting go I completely agree.

The couple with no apparent previous problems and both with status are now suddenly on the radar of UA, which doesn't make sense. But somehow a BG5 person apparently took priority. I'd be beyond annoyed if I'm happily seated and some FA says I need to leave the airplane. With or without some alcohol in me, I'd be outspoken.