FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Airlines Kicks Elderly Professor Couple Off Late-Night Flight
Old Sep 13, 19, 9:34 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by narvik View Post
I don't see how having stock in three competing airlines WOULDN'T affect the quality of journalism, even if only slightly.

That belief might be strengthened by the mere fact that the disclosure only happens mid-article and immediately following a reference to the Dao incident.

I may be wrong, but I always thought such disclosures happened at the very beginning of articles.
The disclosure appears after two short lead paragraphs that summarize the story, before details appear in the following fifteen paragraphs.

The stuff about his journalism awards appears in his bio at the end of the article, which appears in a different font. It's not part of the article itself.

To me this looks like the normal sort of disclosure that would be required by many financial publications. If the reporter is interested in aviation, it's not unusual that he would invest in several airline stocks.