FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Empty Flight - WTP > WT?
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:56 am
Pascoe

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Even if there are open WT seats, you can't expect to retain your WTP seat if you choose to go back to coach and grab a row to stretch out. One can't keep a seat (or more) in each cabin in order to go back and forth during the flight.
Whyever not? On an empty flight I doubt that the second you slip back to WT to grab a row and sleep, there's going to be some mad scramble for your seat in WTP.

For a start most people wouldn't necessarily relate someone coming through the curtain with that being what they were doing, and secondly most people would assume that they wouldn't be permitted to 'self upgrade'. Oh, and thirdly, on such an empty flight down the back (if it is indeed that empty), where's the serious imperative to take yourself out of a nice empty cabin and sit in a full one?

Assuming you have a discreet word with the crew working WT, I doubt it'd be a huge issue.

I have been on such a flight only once myself, booked in WT. Actually looked at AUP at check-in and the check-in lady actually showed me the cabin map and I never bothered. CC were as nice as pie and just said 'pick a row and stretch out'.

The key is not to stress too much or assume too much. Just take it if it comes....