FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missing refund
Thread: Missing refund
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:34 am
CkCrunch

Missing refund

I made a booking on August 28th, upon which I noticed a mistake on the booking, so I cancelled via MMB and requested a refund within the 24 hour period and made a new booking. BA took payment for both bookings, but I have yet to receive the refund for the cancelled booking. I received a "we are working on it" email the day I cancelled it and nothing since.

Every time I call the refund line, I can't get through to anyone as they are "experiencing high call volumes" and asking me to "please call back later" without allowing me to leave a message. Trouble is I have called 4 days in a row now at different times of the day and I get the same message! I am willing to give them some slack but its been over 2 weeks and I am out close to $3000.

Any advice on how can I escalate when I can't even get them to pick up? When I speak with a general CS agent they can only tell me that the refund is being processed by the refunds team and I need to speak with them. When they transfer me I get the same voicemail telling me to call back later.