FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in ICN: Separate Segments and Checked Luggage
Old Sep 13, 2019, 2:56 am
AirMika

Originally Posted by chris63
If your bags are not checked through, just have a printout of your ticket & proceed to the Asiana check in desk
This check in desk is located where? It has to be in the same room in the baggage claim area, otherwise you'd have to go through customs to go to the departure area.

I thought about this and I feel like there were booths for airlines in the baggage claim area in some airports. I never used it, so I don't know. It's a hunch. Have you used it yourself?

Originally Posted by chris63
Shouldn’t be any problem through checking LO to Asiana on separate tickets.
I was able to get a hold of a LOT rep on the phone after I posted and he said that if I'm booked on a separate segment, I'd have to pick up my bag. My feeling from that rep is that he just repeated the rules-which is what he's suppose to do so it's not a knock on him-instead of telling me what's likely to happen in real life.

From what I can gather on this forum from threads similar to mine, if the agent at check-in knows what he's doing, he'll make the luggage go to my final destination.