FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Immigration Officers Questioning All Global Entry Users at SFO Today
Old Sep 13, 2019, 2:30 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I arrived at SFO today at around 2:30. Worst crowds I ever saw at immigration, backed up to the end of the moving platform on the A side. Yes, there were a lot of people off of the Emirates flight (<redacted by moderator>), but I have arrived at the same time in the past and never saw such long lines.

Got to Global Entry, was happy to see no line for the machines - just walk right up. After getting my white slip of paper, I realized that I then had to go wait on a long line to turn in my slip of paper. Only it wasn't just turning in paper - every person received a series of questions from the immigration official. At least in my case, it wasn't discernibly different from the questions asked when you enter without Global Entry. With two officers handling the Global Entry people, it took about 15 minutes to get through.

Seems to defeat the whole purpose of a "trusted traveler" program.
There's periodic random questioning/searches to ensure compliance. All trusted traveler/vetted importer type programs have this built in.