FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain
Old Sep 12, 2019, 5:56 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by christianj
I would agree with you that the two brands are normally not in the same league but in European tourist destinations the Sheraton brand actually was seen as a high end option. There are a couple of examples of that...remember the Pine Cliffs LC was called the Sheraton Pine Cliffs and then there’s the Sheraton Mallorca...so in areas where there historically weren’t luxury chains a Sheraton was considered luxury. Anyway....RC Abama doesn’t seem to be one of the best RC and it’s definitely not one of the nicest so if you compare that to one of the better Sheratons they might be comparable.
I’m aware that Sheratons are generally better outside the USA, but I wouldn’t put them beyond premium. Only a VERY few rare Sheratons bordered on luxury IME. And this wasn’t one. The Algarve property also was nice but not luxury—until they invested far more money into the hard product and did better with staff and management.