FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help! ANA cancels flight, refuses to rebook unless called, but doesn't answer call
Old Sep 12, 2019, 2:11 pm
gengar

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Maybe ANA thinks that if they suffer, so should all their customers and premium customers should be treated the same as everyone else. If so, that sucks. What would have stopped ANA from paying some overtime to have more phone agents available? How about allowing changes to be made online like other carriers do in this situation? And what about automatically doing a cancellable rebook on the first available flight like many carriers do?
Originally Posted by Bailey35mm
I’m not sure if our experience in April was a fluke, or if things have changed with the culture at ANA.
As I've noted previously on this forum, unfortunately this is typical for Japanese service culture. IME it's more noticeable with premium cabin / luxury travel because of the greater discrepancy in treatment compared to what we are accustomed to.

Also, while many of my Japanese associates/colleagues seem to have a higher opinion of JL in this regard, I would remain skeptical.