FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - B&R Domestic vs International Advice
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:55 pm
Jb20

Originally Posted by feysul
I just flew yesterday from Toronto to Chicago on a Q400 Turboprop. I carried on board my BR Intl WB.....I put it in book-wise, NO issues. As far as 737....no issues Max, 700 or 800.

One final note. I was thinking about this thread the last couple days on my way to my room at the hotel. with Carpeting you will need to 2 wheel it....no issue for me. I just wanted to share with you another scenario.

If the carpet is a hard carpet like at some airports you can 4 wheel it.. if the carpet is padded or thicker...2 wheel.
Thank you. I am torn between the two wheel international and domestic models. My preference is the International model because, if you believe the B+R website which is not always accurate, the international model has a slightly larger volume. It also has a lower center of gravity and I think the form factor is better for more efficient packing.

My two biggest concerns are. 1. Will it fit in domestic bins. If it can fit like a book it should be ok for all non regional-jet bins since it is shorter but wider than the domestic bag. 2. Will the US gate agents force me to check the bag. I don't know if you have a different experience but in years of flying I have never seen a domestic gate agent ask a passenger to place their bag in the form. In addition, I think it would be hard for an agent to look at the bag and determine that it was 1 inch wider than the allowed size.

I am interested in your comments