FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Air - A Cautionary Tale
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:22 pm
ucdtim17

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
No other Bay Area Norwegian flights today so they were offered connections in BCN or FCO tomorrow. Downgrade from Premium to separate middle seats in economy. They don't currently have any miles stockpile and I need to keep mine for flexibility with a planned CDG-OAK flight in a couple weeks. I tried to convince them to just pony up for a different airline today but without any other good options they're booked on OAK-FCO-ARN tomorrow, losing a day of vacation. I'm going to try to convince them to book a backup ticket on something in case the FCO flight gets canceled tomorrow and they're in the same situation again.
I ultimately convinced them to cancel their Norwegian flight last night, which they were able to do after 90 min on the phone. Rebooked today with 60k Amex->Aeroplan->Swiss award SFO-ZRH-ARN, aisle and window seats with an empty middle and better timing. Approximately infinity times better than separate middle seats on Norwegian, 6 hour layover in Rome, and getting into Stockholm after midnight.

After this adventure, not wanting to spend our whole trip wondering if our return Norwegian flight will happen, we bailed on our refundable Premium CDG-OAK tickets and booked CDG-YYC-SFO WestJet business class last night. I feel much better now.

Last edited by ucdtim17; Sep 12, 2019 at 12:44 pm