FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tips on surviving NZ2
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2019, 2:25 am
jeffrocowboy

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by Lenghy
Just done the LAX transfer on a Sunday afternoon (US time). Got off the plane and got my transit card. I to the queue for the CBP machines. This was a steady queue. Entered details on the machine and got a big x on my receipt. Into the big slow queue. My advice is keep your ears open. I heard someone calling out for LX2 transit passengers. Hand up and pulled from the queue and straight to the head of the line. Processed very swiftly and handed in transit card. Through the terminal into security screening. Took about 20 mins. About 70 mins in total ~ but only as I was pulled from the line. Got into the lounge, got a buzzer for the showers and a quick bite of food. Flight called and took the buzzer back. Guy tidying the showers said I could use a recently vacated shower if I wanted. Very quick but wonderful shower, change of clothes and 5 minute walk to the gate. Still plenty of time. Not as bad as I thought and would be OK to do again
Just wondering - would you be Ok to do it again if you weren't pulled from the queue?

I like sbiddle's advice re NZ6 -> NZ2 and NZ1 -> NZ5 and have given it to a few people, who were grateful.