FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flighty - A new Flight Tracking app for iOS
Old Sep 11, 2019, 6:58 pm
flightyryan
Company Representative, Flighty App

Programs: www.flighty.app
Originally Posted by merlin90
I'm flying UA5408 LAX to AUS tomorrow. Flighty's "Where's My Plan?" information suggests that it's coming from DAY before my flight tomorrow. United's app, however, tells me that the plan will be flying down from YVR tomorrow morning. It's not the most important function of the app, granted, but I wonder if other people have seen something similar. Both apps are reporting the same tail number.
Hey Merlin, it looks like Flighty corrected itself and shows the same route as United now. If you can provide me details on when you looked and we had the old route still, and when we updated to the new correct route that would be stellar to track it down. No worries if you dont recall.

To your question, I've seen... 3? reports of this out of 2,000. I think it's caused by the inbound plane's route changing overnight, but that's why I'm trying to narrow it down. But it's quite rare.

🙏

Originally Posted by JHake10

Upon searching this frame it seems to be a 737-900ER. However, the app shows 737-900.

Additionally, I'm on KE26 SFO-ICN tonight. Flighty shows no tail number. However, FR27 shows HL8006. The whole 2 day tracking view was moot on this trip since the app doesn't know the frame.

Another DP. Flighty didn't know the tail number of another Korean flight to SGN and a Cathay flight. Seems this is more a domestic only tool.
Hey JHake, this reply has been sitting in my inbox motivating me the last few weeks... I am an app user first and foremost and I'd say the same thing if I were you and had these issues, that's why it gets to me, because you're right. And now that I'm on the other side it's so frustrating to SEE it and know how friggin hard it is going to be to fix it, BUT the reward of getting there is going to be sweet.

The last 2 weeks I've been on the phone with anyone that will listen about data quality... without giving away too much secret sauce, trust me we are going to work to get it to be the best. We HAVE TO have reports like this though, to know when/where the data is wrong, so thank you. Can you confirm KE is a major issue - we rarely have the tails - and Cathay is less bad but still missing what percent of the time? Anyone else? Any patterns you've noticed to when it's missing?

Tail Numbers: I found the issue with 737-900ER ... it was caused by a dummy messing up the database - ME! This is a perfect exactly of: If you report it, we can find it and fix it. There is no chance we could have found this without your report, so thanks! See attached.

We are also doing a BIIIIIG tail number database refresh soon Should help with Tail Number detail/stats big time.
Attached Images  

Last edited by TWA884; Sep 11, 2019 at 7:23 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.