FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry for Citizens of India
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2019, 4:01 pm
budhi15

Originally Posted by pratyaksh
Same exact status...my wife applied at the same time as me and was approved last month, but I am still waiting...
I was in a similar boat as you. My wife got hers ~2.5 months back and my application was stuck in some governmental black box. I noticed on this forum that couples who applied at the same time got conditional approvals around the same time so honestly, I had given up hope. What made matters worse is that I sold a property on my latest trip (the same trip during which I applied at PSK) and assumed that it irked some government official and my application will be in an infinite delay. But...low and behold, that magical email arrived today. Conditionally approved!

Don't lose hope. Patience is the key I guess.

Application Stats:

GOES registration: early Jan 2019
Email from passport authority: early Jan 2019
Passport office visit: late Jan 2019
Police verification: late Jan 2019 (2 days after the office visit)
Condition Approval (wife): July 2019
Condition Approval (me): Sept 2019

Now time to schedule the appointment!

I'll share a part of my experience that might be helpful for others. We had just gotten married last year so my wife didn't have any address proof of her new address in India except the marriage license. We tried getting her Aadhar appended but couldn't get it done in time for the passport office appointment. The passport office refused to accept the marriage license or the Aadhar amendment approval as the address proof but still processed her application. During the police visit, the guy was really nice. Saw the marriage license and had no issues with it and accepted a copy of it as the address proof. A few months later, she got her conditional approval! YMMV