Old Sep 11, 19, 3:45 pm
GeminisTwin

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Also within walking distance would be to walk to and around the remains of Notre Dame, in order to see it before renovations are started.
Plan any visit to Notre Dame carefully -- the area has many barricades up and many streets are blocked. I think it can be seen and approached from across the Seine, but it might be best avoided on such a quick trip.

There's no way I could keep myself from heading downtown on such a layover -- I find I can cover a great deal of Paris in just a few hours. I'd get the Guerlain errand out of the way first and from there walk down to Pont de l'Alma (find a cafe for lunch (croque monsieur pour moi), and then walk along the Seine from Pont de l'Alma to Concorde, through the Tuileries a bit and then up to Place Vendome and the Opera, and then over to Gare du Nord to catch the RER back. Stop at a small boulangerie for some pastries to go. If you want to splurge, stop at a shop on Rue St. Honore and send in the VAT refund form when you return to CDG I was just there last week and this has me longing!