FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Annual depression is here - Tier point reset
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:23 pm
Chris_G

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Unhappy Oh the Shame of it...I can't even face taking my Gold baggage tags off yet...

Soft landed to Silver last year and just soft landed to Bronze...all courtesy of the Saudi's deciding to cull the expats...

Don't know what to do...it surely can't make sense to fly around for no purpose just to get back up to Gold, and I'm not certain (although there's more of a case) even for Silver...

If I was going to do it, then the cheapest way would seem to fly backwards and forwards from DXB to CGK via CMB on Sri Lankan @ 750 quid a pop in J and 560 TP's (or 1.33 TP's per quid).

Not as mad as it may seem, as there are Ibis hotels at either end to recover and Bali is a hop on Air Asia out of CGK.

Do the journey 2.5 out of DXB + a positioning flight out to DXB from LHR (in Y) + another cheap return somewhere (to get your 4) = Gold for just over 2 grand. Do all of this just after the TP reset and then you're Gold for 2 years plus a soft land to Silver...which just about starts to make a case for it.

Now back to reality...firstly the Brexit is going to kick our a*se (goodness knows what's going to happen) and secondly the sterling exchange rate is likely to go south even more than it has. You'd have to be nuts to take this on anyway, as you'd need a week to get over it all if you were mad enough to do it all back to back...

Rgds...Chris (is bored, must get a life...)