FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:47 pm
skywalkerLAX
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Not sure how a strike could affect the HR YVR, I guess it depends on the type of employees who would walk out. I guess they could close down the lounge and provide Club Guests with a breakfast and free minibar which would have to be stocked just like they do it sometimes during the winter months. Housekeeping could be a bigger problem.

That being said I find it deplorable that the owners of this property can't provide their staff with proper contracts considering how the rates have shot up in recent years. I haven't stayed a single time when the published rates for this - let's face it - rather uninspiring business hotel were under 330 CAD.

The staff and the balcony rooms are the strongest factor for me why I stay here and not at the Sheraton Wall Centre. The Hyatt has had a very loyal staff base for years and that should be honoured by providing them with proper working conditions.