FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-standard meal service on intl flights departing Sep 10, 2019 - Typhoon Faxai
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:47 am
jamsoh

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE Morning Calm, SPG Gold, Hyatt DIA...when I fly domestic I always fly CO or UA! yay
Was on NRT-JFK flight in C on Sept 10th. Flight delayed 5 hours due to previous day's typhoon messup.

The main meal for this 12 hour flight was rice with tomato sauce. Paper Napkin and soup given in a paper cup.
Worse than typical JAL Y meal for sure. Sent it back after opening it and had Udon "order anytime you wish" which was just ok.
I'm surprised that JAL didn't take care of the problem during the 5 hour delay. (typhoon affected was 8-9 th of september). If they had announced that there was problem in catering, I would have had more of JAL curry in the lounge..
Crew passed around paper that stated we would get compensated (paper was for entertainment/seat malfunction?) JAL coupon or milage, but no one knew how much. It's not crew's fault (the crew was wonderful btw), but not at all impressed how they handled this situation, especially on a premium route.

Funny though, my flight from GMP-HND (which was also 1.5 hour delayed) didn't have any catering issue. So I'm thinking it's just outbound from NRT. I wonder if ANA had the same problem..