FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 10 hr layover in CDG - possible to take an earlier connection or go into city?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:09 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyingdoc747
Hi all,
I have a 10 hour layover in CDG this week but wanted to see if there was any way I could ask the agents at LAX or CDG if they could put me on an earlier connection to LIS as a Platinum Delta member. I am flying on all AF-metal, though. I know I should have booked the more desired connection but I was cheap and wanted to save the $600+ dollars last month.

If it is unlikely that agents will help me in my regard, do you think I could go into town and have lunch? I do have to pick up something for someone at Guerlain perfumes. Does anyone have any suggestions on some great places for a good casual Parisian lunch and how to get there as well as to Guerlain by public transportation from CDG?

Thank you all!
Thanks
Absent IRROPS or a schedule change you'll fly what you booked. AF agents definitely wont do it if for no other reason then AF doesnt have a SDC/SDS program. Also even if they were willing most have bags, which must fly with you, which means cant even ask at CDG. (In case wonder why it can be done in US with bags, US domestic flights are exempt from bag matching)