FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Holiday - Do I need to cancel?
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2019, 4:09 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
As far as I can recall, I don't recall BA Holidays pursuing anyone for anything beyond the deposit already paid.

In fact it is almost the opposite in that BA Holidays have been known to accept a late payment or set of payments beyond the formalised dates. So either way it's probably worth calling since if you don't pay, they will send at least one email and one phone call to keep your booking alive. Equally I can't recall any normal event (so excluding things like route cancellations) where they have refunded a deposit. So I would call, and if there are any other factors involved (e.g. you want to go somewhere else instead or you have found a cheaper option) then by all means share it with the agent. If nothing else it will save you from being hassled as if you had simply forgotten to pay.

I would guess BA Holidays' dedicated line will not be so busy at the moment. I am expected BA to cancel flights around 27 September so you may want to jump in sooner rather than later.