FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help booking Australia - Asia using AVIOS or ??
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:06 am
nancypants

Programs: QF WP
Yes I edited my post as it’s 2am and I had missed the required SYD stopover

qffp = qantas frequent flyer platinum (the actual FT abbreviation is WP but that is harder to explain)

given that some award availability is showing and at cheapest levels, I would suggest phoning BA and seeing if they can book it manually- I believe the waive any phone fees if the website is playing up

there is various QF points availability for the 1st from SYD-DPS, routing via Melbourne/Brisbane/cairns/Gold Coast opens up some extra options for QF/JQ

as a general comments re this side of the world- QF is obviously full service, checked bags, meals etc included. JQ is low cost but owned by QF, generally reliable (other than the last flight of the day which can be a bit hit and miss). VA is kind of a hybrid carrier, I think all fares have baggage and drinks and snacks rather than meals. TT is VA’s low cost arm. They are very much a LCC, and their reliability is really quite hit and miss, to the point that I only fly with them if I am completely desperate and there are literally no other options