Old Sep 10, 19, 4:44 am
lost_in_translation

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
BA does this same thing with their lounge at ORD too. They turn away other OneWorld eligible members “for their own customers” because there isn’t enough room. They’re not allowed to do this stuff but they seem to be able to get away with it.
You didn't read the post fully as that isn't the situation here, the situation here is that the lounge has been instructed to turn away passengers by CX because the OP doesn't have a lounge pass.

For the ORD BA F lounge the issue is that it is indeed absolutely tiny so turning people away becomes the sensible policy around the time of the two BA departures when you have 14 F passengers plus assorted BA status passengers wanting to use the lounge and there are only about 25 seats! The ORD J lounge I think there's less excuse for turning people away.

I've been in BA F as a BA OWE from ORD and been strongly advised I'd be better using the J lounge given how busy the BA F lounge was at the time (albeit not explicitly denied access).