Old Sep 9, 19, 9:44 pm
samuelo

Denied entry in to BA Lounge in Rome as CX Diamond/OWE

I flew back earlier this week in Business Class from Rome to Hong Kong on CX. CX does not have its own lounge at FCO so I was given a pass to the Priority Pass lounge. After entering the lounge, I could not find an empty seat and, in addition, due to the volume of people the air conditioning was not effective so it was a like a sauna. I therefore exited the lounge and noticed there was a BA lounge next door. As per OW rules, I believed I had entry to this lounge based on my CX Diamond/OWE status. On trying to enter the lounge, however, the receptionist asked for my lounge pass which I no longer had as I had used it to get into the PP lounge. She then said without the lounge pass I could not get in and refused me entry. After some discussion, she said CX would not allow me to come in as they would need to pay BA a lounge fee and had already paid once when I entered the PP lounge.

Has anybody else experienced this kind of a situation? I can imagine BA denying me entry if the lounge was too full (this has happened before) but I have never come across a situation where CX restricts entry to partner lounges, especially for elite members.