FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta will open a SkyClub at Tokyo-Haneda
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:33 pm
FireEmblemPride

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
It eventually made sense for this to happen, whether it was a ST lounge, KE club or an SC. Either way, I'm glad DL stepped up. With 50 new flights per day at HND to begin on March 29, I can't imagine JL and NH would want to continue playing host to non-alliance/JV partners.

The only question is, where will they build the SC? Or will they end up replacing one of the existing lounges?

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
BTW, does anyone know whether the AF gate is close to the gates DL uses at HND? OTOH, I would guess that it could be easy for AF and any other SkyTeam carriers at HND to change gates if needed to be reasonably close to the DL lounge, if desired, or alternatively for all we know DL might have negotiated different gates for its expanded service that would be relatively close to where the new lounge will be built,
In my experience, yes, they're both out in the 140s these days. I imagine AF switches to the SC when it opens.

Other airlines I see in there include MU, KE, CI, GA, VN and eventually SU and AZ, should they choose to fly to HND (Russia and Italy were given slots).

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It would be hard to have worse food options in a lounge in Japan than tha current contract HND lounge that DL is using.
I'll give you one: the NRT SC.