FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 228000 United miles and business class travel question
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:19 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jamesbondc
Seniors, I have 228000 United miles and earning more each time I spend on cc. I have disabled parent who I book award travel business class from MIA to DEL each year. Currently, the parent don't know when he wants to go to India what should I do in this scenario? ...
Without a date it is hard to make a recommendation

Originally Posted by jamesbondc
Last year I believe before November it was cosing 160k miles for round trip business class but now it seems 180k. I don't want another hike and devaluation of my points. ...
For award flights after Nov 15, 2019, UA has gone to dynamic pricing, much like cash pricing. You will not know the cost (in miles) until you try to make a booking and the amount can change up or down at any time. It is unclear how dynamic this will be.

Once you have picked a date you can check the mileage required. You will need to decide if that is an acceptable amount. You can try different days or you can wait and hope the mileage request changes (it may or it may increase).

This change is too new to understand what the pricing pattern will be (other than most expect, on average higher mileage required than in the past. No transparency.