FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi retention offers (2018 - 2021)
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2019, 5:05 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
AAdvantage Platinum, Gold, American Express, and Executive

I called in today because I have the paper statement for an AAdvantage Platinum World Elite card. Managed to get transferred to Retentions. The Retentions agent said there were no offers on the card, and I could close it, but the card wasn't showing as eligible to transfer the credit line to any other Citi cards, but he said I had a different Platinum World Elite that was showing as eligible to transfer $10k from its $25k credit line to the card I'd called about (and lose the other $15k). He actually went in and checked each of my other Citi AA cards (Platinum, Gold, American Express, and Executive) to see if any had retention offers. Weirdly, only the Citi AA American Express card had offers, which were $95 statement credit after spending $99 within one month, or 7,500 bonus miles after spending $1,000 within three months. The other cards had nothing, and only a few had the ability to transfer a portion of the credit line to specific other cards.

With the benefits being few and the lack of retention offers, I'm thinking of closing most of them, but I don't like that I will lose the credit lines, or most of them. I also need to figure out which are the oldest ones, if that makes a credit score difference.