Old Sep 9, 19, 4:42 pm
BenA

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, UX Suma Gold, Marriott Bonvoy™️ Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
No SkyDeck? The international terminal has a landside outdoor roof deck, accessible from the top floor cultural exhibit and shops level.

If it's a SC, then those with SC memberships should be able to enter, versus SkyTeam. Also, it DL will share it with VA/VS on a contract basis, SkyTeam branding would be awkward (unless the Virgins join the alliance first).

Does anyone know where it will be located? My guess would be on the way to the lounge DL currently uses at HND, on the way to the DL gates and up those escalators. There's currently some closed lounge space in there, but the signs seem to suggest that the other lounges are just temporarily closed for renovations IIRC.
Neither Virgin Atlantic nor Virgin Australia fly to Japan, and they haven’t done so in the recent past, either. Plus, Japan routes wouldn’t be covered under the JV in either case. I don’t think cobranding concerns with them are part of the decision process here.

I do know from personal experience AF uses the (excellent) JAL lounge at HND; will be interesting to see if they switch. I’d guess not...