FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help! ANA cancels flight, refuses to rebook unless called, but doesn't answer call
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:06 pm
RichardInSF
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Help! ANA cancels flight, refuses to rebook unless called, but doesn't answer call

So an award flight home was canceled not due to the typhoon but because as a side effect, the crew couldn't make it to the airport.

But ANA staff at NRT (this was an award on F via virgin) refused to do a rebook, saying you can only call. I call and give up at 2am local time after 90 minutes of listening to music.

How to get home? Virgin says it is up to ANA, which must put on first available flight but Virgin can't do anything about it. ANA is busy with lots of conceled flights so never answers the phone (I called US number, Japan number just hangs up on you). Cannot be done online and cannot be done by ANA staff at airport.

How to get a new flight, any thoughts? Is there a ticket office at the ANA HQ in Shiodome I could go to? It doesn't seem like it. It also can't be done online.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. United was automatically rebooking people, even those on ANA booked through United.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Sep 9, 2019 at 3:23 pm