FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA115 744 seating and ops questions
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:30 am
NJRadioGuy

Programs: UA, AA
BA115 744 seating and ops questions

First-time ever flying in Business class onboard BA115 in about 4 weeks from now. This is an AA award and apparently we can't be issued seats until we check in. I'm wondering if there's any way to select our seats beforehand, and any way I can be assured of flying upstairs. Never flown a 747 in my life, despite many dozen trans-Atlantic segments over the years, and I vowed I want to be on the upper deck on one of these birds if I ever have the chance. Traveling with my wife on the same itinerary, so will need to sit together.

Second question is how much time will we need to go from a TML-3 arrival (arriving from HEL on AY) to TML-5 for the JFK flight? We have a 5h20m layover so I"m guessing it won't be a problem, still one can never tell with Heathrow. I'd like to be able to use the BA Club World lounge prior to boarding.

Finally, ss someone who can't walk far or fast, how easy is it to arrange one of those electric carts as needed? It's not possible for me to walk all the way from the furthest T3 gate to the central terminal; I don't need wheelchair assistance, but I do need a motorized cart. Thanks in advance.