FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Palacio De Santa Paula, Autograph Collection - Granada, Spain [Master Thread]
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:44 am
griffingrowl

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
I am a Lifetime Titanium member and i stayed here Sept 6 to 8 2019 with my wife and 11 month old baby.

Hotel is both lovely, and a bit basic at the same time. The employees are very friendly and the location is very central in "downtown" Granada.

Booked a standard king room for 163 EUR per night (including taxes). Was upgraded to a Junior Suite in the old part of the hotel. However, we have our crawling / standing 11 month old and the room had a big step down to get into the room and then a sunken bedroom so it didn't work for us as the little one would be constantly bonking her head. They showed me two other rooms and we settled on a suite on the 4th floor in the newer part of the hotel. Although I was bummed to not be in the old section, this was actually more convenient as the elevator went straight from lobby to our floor without having to push a stroller over cobbled pathways.

I think the second room was also a Junior Suite but this one had a completely separate living room which was fantastic with the baby. It also had a pull out sofabed.

Breakfast was exactly as described by others. Cold items are free for Platinum / Titanium and you can order hot egg dishes (and other items) from the hot menu for 4 EUR to 7 EUR per item. There was no hot buffet area when we were there.

Buffet was pretty good and beautifully presented. But was very carb heavy and sadly most of the yogurt was sweetened :-(

Overall we enjoyed our stay, the room worked well for us and the location was fantastic for this two night visit to Granada.

No special extra treats or additional amenities to recognize Titanium elites were left in our room.

BTW, my overall sense is that with a modest overhaul, this property could be a Luxury Collection. Bedding, furniture, fixtures was lower quality but could easily be upgraded. The property is just so pretty (see photos).

Junior Suite bedroom - room 413

Junior suite bathroom - good size tub and shower.

Sink area

View from window in bedroom

Closet / dressing area (bathroom is on right)

Door to bedroom

Living room area

Living room area

Full breakfast buffet

Iberian ham and meats

Cheeses

Fruits

Yogurt (they also had Greek and Kefir in bowls)

Sandwiches - chicken and smoked salmon

View of courtyard at breakfast,

Spanish "tortilla" (egg and potato) hot item for 4 EUR

Local egg dish (scrambled eggs and aubergine/eggplant) for 7 EUR.