FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A million questions booking LON-TYO for a small child
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:19 am
nancypants

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by trueblu
What a lovely gesture.

A quick look on the (rather dodgy currently) redemption flight calculator suggests that in Y, each pax is 62k off-peak (and a load of cash), so you don't have quite enough Avios, even for Y. You can certainly top up by buying Avios, but even with current 30% bonus, that's about GBP600 on top of the cash outlay for the Y redemption...I think it's actually cheaper to buy cash outright.

You can certainly part-way with Avios, and that will mitigate some of the cost.

Both JL and BA have some form of gift for young flyers. And for me, JL Y blows BA out of the water: the food in JL Y is superior to BA J almost all of the time (assuming they like Japanese food, which, if they don't, would be an issue for holidaying in Japan!).

Can't help with the LATAM issue.

tb
yes. I know it sounds awful but he will most likely have a lot of questions for the flight crew and I imagine BA pilots would be better equipped to handle this. My thoughts are perhaps BA outbound and JAL inbound
(although if JAL won’t be up for a flightdeck visit that concern is obviously gone anyway- I wonder if it’s even worth me emailing to ask? It’s amazing what doors childhood cancer can open)

forgive me probably yet another rookie question but I can combine a W outbound with Y inbound (on a different carrier...)?

Last edited by nancypants; Sep 9, 2019 at 6:36 am