FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help Desk: practical assistance for those affected by strikes on 9, 10, 27 Sep
Old Sep 9, 2019, 5:57 am
snuffi

Programs: BA GGL
Well I got back to London exactly when I was supposed to, even though my BOS-LHR on 8th Sept was cancelled. Instead I went BOS-DUB on Aer Lingus and then DUB-LCY on BACF. Interestingly as I waited for the flight to Dublin at Logan Terminal C I saw my initial chariot home, A380 G-XLED, chug past my view at the EI gate. I had wondered if it was just going off to be parked somewhere at Logan for the duration of the strike (albeit that it wasn't being towed) as it was supposed to have landed from Heathrow rather earlier, but actually it was leaving again, bound to Washington Dulles as BA9152. Not quite sure whether it had passengers on or whether this was simply to park it at Dulles rather than Logan. But it is due to operate BOS-LHR on 11th Sept, so maybe will take IAD passengers home as a shuttle service via BOS. You cannot help thinking that BA mgt have got this wrong given (what must be) the frankly bonkers amount of hassle involved with rerouting or otherwise accommodating passengers, let alone the scheduling of airframes.

EDIT: ignore me, I checked The BA Source and BA9152 is simply for parking. I'm amazed, and this is not the only aircraft that they are doing this for. Imagine the cost!

I have never been on EI before. The concept on BOB for LH is not one I am fan of, and the route BOS-DUB is annoyingly short for an overnight. I was also refused lounge access in Terminal C - on a BA codeshare. I suppose I could have paid to get in, as well as paid for food on board, to get me back to an equivalent position to my original flight, and then sent the bill to BA but I genuinely could not be bothered. That said the A333 economy seat was far far more comfortable that the BA 788 economy seat I came over in. That one has some serious issues with the cushion your bottom sits on, dreadfully uncomfortable after only a couple of hours and I had to gather a number of pillows to make it survivable. There is something about the cushion that highlights essential differences between cheeks and upper thigh, can't put my finger on it but it wasn't good.

Last edited by snuffi; Sep 9, 2019 at 6:11 am