View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:24 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BX1276
Hello all
long time lurker and first time poster here
Hoping to get some advice on an issue
I booked a multi city to Doha on a BA ticket so I could stop in London on my way back JFK - DOHA - LHR - JFK
I had read Qatar airways will provide a refund if a Qatar visa isn’t issued
unfortunately my Qatar visa application was denied. My flight is in a few days I am unable to reapply in time for the flight. BA is quoting almost twice as much the original ticket to cancel the Doha flight
I do need to be in London but I can’t afford the pay this change fee
I contemplated taking the first flight and buying a separate ticket back to JFK (it is cheaper)
should I I cancel the flights ahead of time with BA. I don’t know if they will attempt to charge me for this.
I contemplated getting on the first flat and forfeiting the remaining three. However As the first flight is ticketed to DOHA with a short layover in London. I wonder if I would even be allowed to check in / board without a visa
any advice will will be very helpful
Originally Posted by BX1276
Doha was the final destination so I applied for a visitors visa as I wouldn’t be entitled to a transit visa
I have a Nigerian passport , currently working in the US so country visited prior will be US
So the route JFK-LHR-DOH-LHR-JFK? With the first LHR a short transit.
Class of travel? Booked a long time ago? A cheap ticket with no or limited changes allowed?
The BA quote may be for a change of fare booking class.
Worth asking about a full cancellation and checking other airlines for NYC (JFK EWR) LHR

As post above booking / paying for a ticket with having the visa's is a risk
Visa for UK OK?
Will be an expensive lesson. Such is life.