FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories
Old Sep 7, 2019, 8:44 pm
sethb
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by CMK10
Earlier this week I was at the ATL T SC and a man near me was yelling into his phone. I mean yelling. I could hear him above the music I was listening to with my QC35s yelling. He was using his QC35s as Bluetooth to talk on his phone and it was awful. Finally as I was packing up to leave he got a Facetime call and he somehow became even louder saying "HEY LOOK WHERE I AM!" and waving the phone around. I noticed other people were staring at him too so I decided to say something.

Me: Lower your voice
Him: WHAT?!
Me: Lower your voice. You're in public, you're being extremely loud and everyone can hear you.
Him: Excuse me, Sir. I'm on a BUSINESS CALL.

I found this somewhat unlikely as it was at night but let's say it was true, that isn't exculpatory.
So what did you say to the person at the other end of the call? If he's yelling into the phone, it's obviously because he wants me to participate in the call.