FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - potential involuntary downgrade or denied boarding on Award tomorrow
Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:26 pm
jerry a. laska
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by rendezvous
I booked a flight to an EU destination in J using AA miles and it departs tomorrow morning. I will be traveling the first leg of the trip on AA and the final two legs on Iberia. I received three unanswered phone calls today from Iberia and when I called them back, they stated that the business class section was oversold and they wanted to route me on a new flight that left earlier in the morning and would involve an AA 767, which is different than the a350 that I originally booked. They also "held" this new routing for me and I could see it on my reservation through the app. I politely declined, as I didn't want to get up early in the morning and I consider the 767 J seat a downgrade from the a350 J seat. I asked if they were offering compensation if I re-routed my flight and they stated they would not. With that said, I believe there may be some potential tomorrow for an involuntary downgrade or boarding and I want to be prepared as possible and not put myself in a situation where I would be screwed from both a routing and compensation perspective. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
Originally Posted by enpremiere

How so? It’s a US carrier departing the US, not a ex-EU.
No. It appears that the OP is flying AA-IB-IB with the 2nd segment being the overwater leg with the oversell problem.