FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting via LHR on FlyBE/VS
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:14 am
tuonopepper

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Connecting via LHR on FlyBE/VS

Looking for some wisdom from the collective.

Just booked an UC return, EDI-LHR-DEL for a business trip in November. Decided to go VS so as to take advantage of the Status match offer to my BA Gold.

It's all single ticket with the FlyBE EDI-LHR segments on VS flight numbers, connection is roughly 3.5 hrs at LHR.

Couple of questions:-

1). Will be travelling HBO, given the small bins on the Q400 do they do valet bags for collection at the steps at LHR or try to force you to check in the bag? I'm pretty sure I've had the bag I'll be using on the FlyBe Embraer before not sure about the Q400.
2). LHR web suggest air-side connection between T2 and T3 however, given the connection time is it better going landside and using the Virgin UC wing in T3?
3). Seat recommendations for the 787 in UC gratefully received.
4). I'm likely to not need the final sector from LHR back to EDI, I assume there's no issue, being HBO just being a no show as it's the last sector. I have no issue letting them know on the day so they aren't hanging around or looking for me. I've done this on BA no issue many times but first flight with VS in many years.

Finally any other pointers to fully enjoy the experience?

TIA