FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Basic Fare Baggage etc on Iberia (Air Nostrum/Iberia Express)
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:58 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by maball
Taxi is safe and easy and cheap from Atocha to Barajas. Word of warning about IB staff at ALC. Some of them have been there for years and if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction they can be rather ....... One particular battle axe closed the check in desks 15 minutes early. I went to check in for biz class flight with IB and she told me she didnt expect anyone else to check in so I have to go to CS and get rebooked. One quick call to Laura Baldó Benac on 966 919 xxx. and guess what I was checked in. She was also at the gate with a face like a bulldog sucking a wasp. I just had to say thank you and wish her a great weekend like you do. I have watched her and a few other be really awful to passengers over baggage when it suits them. I have also see pets in carry on cases in the lounge at MAD.
I suspect that I know of whom you speak. I only go to check-in when we have the dog as he has to be checked for weight and the fare paid. I had a stupid piece of nonsense with them a few years back - I wanted to buy an upgrade and they either didn't hear or want to hear and checked me into Y. When I protested I was brushed off with a "too late" remark. I went to the Service Desk and one of the Duty Managers a rather pleasant and friendly lady got involved, and sorted it out. Some of them still think that they are back in the good old nationalised days when any old thing would do.

I am really grateful to you about the news of the train to Barajas. We are not doing this until early February so - hopefully this will be resolved. How can one find out nearer the time? I had once to travel out to Barajas on the Metro - paying was not the problem but the time that it took. I got to T4 and by the time that you go through Security and then out to T4S which always seem to be considerable my BA flight was well into boarding. I was lucky.

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge. I have indeed booked and have seats assigned and a baggage allowance already in the booking. Although I did not chose them, often when you are travelling with a pet you are not allowed to do so as they need the animal by a window for safety reasons.

Thank you all again and for making me welcome,