FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best strategy for London to Tokyo economy flight prices end March to early April
Old Sep 5, 2019, 6:06 pm
shallowdrift

Originally Posted by freecia
You can set a price watch with Google Flights to save yourself some of the work of periodically re-checking manually. If you have enough time or want a better fare, see if you can go from London to TPE or ICN and hop on a separately ticketed LCC from there to HND, NRT. KIX has several LCC flights if you were thinking of visiting Osaka/Kyoto.

Hotels also fill up more quickly around hanami season. It is usually possible to book six months out for JP business hotel chains with free cancellation.

I doubt the Olympics will cause less people to book for hanami in 2020. Foreign visitors have visited plenty without Olympics https://public.tableau.com/views/3_1_Visitor_arrivals/DB_1__1_2__1?:embed=y&:toolbar=no&:display_count=n o&rigin=viz_share_link

Overseas Visitors might trend lower if China and HK are a bit uncertain and people less willing to spend more money
https://public.tableau.com/shared/RQJ573N58?:toolbar=no&:display_count=no&rigin=vi z_share_link
Thanks, I flew to TPE in plum rain season this summer (to visit TPE rather than as a staging point) and got a good short notice deal there so definitely worth bearing those endpoints in mind. I am not familiar at all with LCCs in East Asia so would be grateful to hear any info or recommendation on those.
Edit: Nice Tableau there from JNTO! Wish more organisations would put out data so readily. Wish I could do the autumn period just past typhoon season but it's not gonna happen with my work pattern.

Plan was to do some days in Tokyo, then do a gradual south to north trip and end in Tokyo for some days again, but from this it could be TPE or ICN, straight to somewhere south of Tokyo might work better. valuable info. Thanks again. I guess my idea is kind of a backpacking trip but middle-market rather than super luxe or completely budget,

Last edited by shallowdrift; Sep 5, 2019 at 6:18 pm