FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shanghai MCT between Hongqiao & Pu Dong airports
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:55 pm
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
What I meant was more for any other traveller that might not get the option to fly into and out of the same airport in Shanghai (honestly, FT ranks highly up when searching the internet, and it wouldn't surprise me if others in the same situation find this thread as one of the first results) and is stuck with a SHA-PVG or PVG-SHA connection.
Got you.^ Well, the planned subway connection should make the inter airport transfer much easier, but even when its time comes, I will still strongly advise against booking tickets that entail both SHA and PVG unless they contain true stopovers. That having been said, for people that find themselves stuck in the ~4 hour connection situation, I agree that it is doable, as long as the inbound flight is close to on time. I would vote for the bus if I was out the door within 30 minutes of flight #1's scheduled arrival time, a taxi if the number is between 30 and 90 minutes, and throw in the towel for anything north of that. On a semi-related note, I'd also like to point out that, unless you're flying 9C, domestic to international connections at SHA kind of suck because the terminals are on opposite sides of the airport.